What Does Gradient Compression Hosiery Do?
- Improves blood flow through the veins
- Increases circulation
- Increases oxygen to the muscle tissue
They are designed to provide a controlled amount of pressure which is tightest at the ankles and gradually become less constrictive towards the knees and thighs. By compressing the surface veins, arteries and muscles it will allow more blood to return to the heart as the arterial pressure is increased. As a result, less blood pooling in the feet!
Who Should Wear Gradient Compression Hosiery?
You can benefit from wearing gradient compression hosiery if you have the following symptoms/conditions below:
- Tired, aching, fatigued legs
- Swollen feet, ankles, and legs
- Chronic venous insufficiency
- Moderate to severe varicose veins
- Prolonged sitting or standing
- Pregnant with moderate swelling/edema
How Does Graduated Compression Socks Help Athletes?
Our Sports Physio Therapists note a growing trend among athletes in the use of graduated compression socks which has shown to help their athletic performance and recovery.
- Less lactic acid buildup in the legs during exercise
- Improved oxygen and nutrients to the muscle tissue that have been deprived during a workout/sport
- Improved circulation and blood flow through the veins
- Decreased exercise-induced muscle soreness in the legs
Compression Stockings In New Westminster
Contact our physiotherapy clinic in New Westminster to see whether Compression Stockings is right for you. And if you have any questions about our athletic rehabilitation program, simply ask one of our physiotherapist for more information.
We can help you achieve your health goals, click here to contact Assured Health Group today!